Stuffed mushrooms are an absolute favourite of mine. The best part is I can definitely serve these beautiful crowd pleasers at home gatherings. Looks fancy and tastes like I spent sometime in the kitchen preparing them 😂. I think you can stuff mushrooms with almost anything but here’s my favourite!
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside
- Using a wet paper towel, wipe mushrooms clean and place in casserole dish, top side down
- Bake cornbread following directions on the box. I usually add only 1 egg and a 1/4 cup sugar to the cornbread mixture (my twist🙂). Let cornbread cool.
- Cook the stove top stuffing following directions on box. I use warm stock to make my stuffing.
- Add shallots, celery and dried cranberries to cooked stuffing
- Break thawed crab cakes into small pieces and add to stuffing
- Cut cornbread into small cubes and add to stuffing mix.
- Mix until cornbread in completely combined with stuffing
- Stuff mushrooms to your preference…I like mine over-stuffed 😂
- Pour some warm vegetable stock in the casserole dish
- Drizzle mushrooms with olive oil
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-45 mins
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley